Hancock Askew has close working relationships with venture capital and private equity firms, and can provide exposure to these and other investors who demonstrate an interest in companies like yours. We provide audits and other services for private equity firms and their portfolio company holdings.
Through years of interaction with investors’ portfolio companies, we have amassed in-depth knowledge, experience and perspective that allows us to add tangible value to our services, delivering results-oriented solutions that are based on a deep understanding of the nuances of venture-funded technology companies. We appreciate the importance placed on accurate and industry-specific financial reporting and auditing, as well as the need for solutions to help you optimize performance, manage risk, direct business strategy and prepare for liquidity events.
Our experience, along with our knowledge of accounting, auditing requirements and tax regulations, positions us well to address the needs of private equity and venture capital firms and their portfolio companies.
We have transaction experience which allows us to provide expert guidance and direction on a target’s business. Through our financial, tax and IT due diligence services, we identify both the risks and opportunities of a potential transaction. We also serve an important advisory role during the feasibility and negotiation stages and can help structure transactions to optimize tax and financial outcomes.
The Crucial Role of Thorough and Objective Valuations
Valuation has never been a more important or a more complex task than it is today. In an environment where accounting regulations have become more challenging, it is imperative that you work with a valuation professional that understands your business and can guide you through the complexities of the valuation process and ensure you understand the earnings, tax and strategic significance of your valuation analysis.
Through our affiliate, Hancock Askew Valuation Services, we can provide a wide range of valuation services that are critical to private equity firms and venture capitalists, including:
• Portfolio Valuation (ASC 820 – formerly FAS 157)
• Stock Option Valuation (IRC 409A/ASC 718 – formerly FAS 123R)
• Post-acquisition Purchase Price Allocation (ASC 805 – formerly FAS 141/142)
• Goodwill Impairment Testing (ASC 350 – formerly FAS 142)
• Testing for Long-lived Assets (ASC 360 – formerly FAS 144)
Services We Provide
• Portfolio Valuation
• Formation and Tax Structuring
• Audit, Tax and Other Compliance Services
• Personal and Estate Tax Planning
• Compensation and Benefit Planning for Management Team
Transaction Advisory Services
• Integrated Acquisition Due Diligence, Including Financial, Tax and IT Diligence
• Tax Structuring for Acquisition and Post Acquisition Integration
• Purchase Agreement Support
• Valuation Services and Purchase Price Allocation
Portfolio Management & Compliance Services
• Audit and Assurance Services
• Tax Planning and Compliance Federal, State and Local Tax
• International Tax
• Transfer Pricing
• R&D Credits and Incentives
• Cost Segregation Studies
• ASC 740-10 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) Consultation
• Compensation and Benefits
• Valuation Services
• Fraud Prevention
• Litigation Support
Exit Planning Services
• Initial Public Offering Support
• Structuring of Tax Efficient Exit Strategies for Investors and Management
• Sell-Side Advisory Services
• Reverse Due Diligence