- Our Firm
- Tax & Accounting
- Audit & Attestation
- Our Specialties
- Resources & Insights
- Contact Us
- Client Login
The Atlanta Ledger @ Hancock Askew
Hancock Askew & Co. is a full-service tax, audit, accounting and advisory firm with more than 200 professionals. We were recently named the 2nd Fastest-growing Accounting Firm by Revenues and the 3rd Fastest-growing Accounting firm by Professionals by the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
Atlanta Leadership Team
Atlanta Office Managing Partner
Partner - Assurance Practice Leader
CPA, CIA, CISA
Partner - Risk Assurance & Advisory Practice Leader
Risk Assurance & Advisory Partner
W. Edward Scott
Your news source for the accounting and business world.
Our team has curated the articles and publications below to help you stay up to date with the latest information in tax, audit, accounting, advisory and general business.
- CARES ACT: TAX & RELIEF MEASURES – an overview of all elements
- The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus. – Coronavirus Tax Relief at IRS.Gov
- COVID- 19 Call-In Day Recap – Your COVID-19 tax and business questions answered
- Tax Free Payments for COVID-19 related Employee Expenses under Sec. 139
- Overcoming Financial Difficulties of Coronavirus Environment – Steve Keaveney, CFO Outsourcing Services Leader/Clarity Capital Advisors Partner, interview with Supply Chain Now Radio
On March 27, 2020, the President signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act; aka the “CARES Act.” Below is a summary that addresses the stimulus funding for business owners.
- Includes topics like cash spend measures, tax measures, and emergency financing measures.
PPP Loan Forgiveness Guidance & Tools
- PPP Loan Forgiveness: Updates and Q&A Panel
- AICPA issues guidance on accounting for forgivable PPP loans
PPP Loan Forgiveness Application:
Preparing for the PPP Loan Forgiveness Application:
PPP Loan Forgiveness Calculators:
PPP Loan Application Guidance:
- Additional PPP Interim Final Rule from SBA – 4.14.20
- First PPP Interim Final Rule from SBA – 4.2.20
- SBA issues PPP guidance on laid-off employees who refuse to be rehired
- Paycheck Protection Program – Description
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Application Form
- CARES Act Business Owner’s Guide; helpful FAQs from U.S. Senate Committee
- The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) has adopted an emergency Rule 300-2-4-0.5 Partial Claims, effective March 16, 2020. The rule mandates all Georgia employers to file partial claims online on behalf of their employees for any week during which an employee (full-time/part-time) works less than full-time due to a partial or total company shutdown caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency. Any employer found to be in violation of this rule will be required to reimburse GDOL for the full amount of unemployment insurance benefits paid to the employee. Download the How Employers File Partial Claims Desk-Aid found on the GDOL Alert Page and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Filing partial claims results in your employees receiving unemployment insurance (UI) benefit payments faster, usually within 48 hours for claims filed electronically. Employees for whom you file a partial claim are NOT required to report to a Georgia Department of Labor career center, register for employment services, or look for other work. Please continue to monitor their website at gdol.ga.gov for any updates to these guidelines.
Disclaimer: The information contained within this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining accounting, tax, or financial advice from a professional accountant. Please contact your HAC advisor for assistance and to discuss your specific situation.
Jun 10, 2021
Cybersecurity and your responsibility as a benefit plan sponsor
By: Robert Faust, Principal We have all heard the saying, “It’s not a matter of if you will get hacked, but a matter of...
Jun 10, 2021
Information security considerations for SOC 2 compliance in a remote work environment
By: Nirav Shah, Principal, IT Risk Assurance & Advisory Services In 2020, as organizations began to adapt to the workplace requirements as a result...
May 24, 2021
Comprehensive COVID-19 Relief Package Passed
On March 10, 2021, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a modified version of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP bill), President Biden’s $1.9...
Get in Touch
How can we help? We want to hear from you.
Remain informed and connected. Follow us and join our mailing list.
Hancock Askew & Co, LLP is committed to complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 AA). For more information or if you need assistance, please contact email@example.com.